As a homeowner you know that functioning circuit breakers are essential for a smooth running home that has electrical appliances. Circuit breakers are the electrical security force in your home that stops current from flowing dangerously through your walls, wires and outlets, but when they are not working properly unstable current can wreak havoc. If you have any type of appliances in your home then you know sometimes your circuit breaker can suddenly plunge you into darkness when you turn on one too many of them at the same time. Of course, that’s the job of a circuit breaker, but what happens when it’s faulty and in need of replacement? With the services of Lead Electrical, we can protect your home and your appliances from sudden surges and replace your breakers to ensure you need never worry about overloading circuits.
A faulty circuit breaker in your home can have dire consequences to your appliances and to the security of your home. It’s the job of circuit breakers to turn electricity off when too much current pass through them, it’s a security measure that you want to make sure always works properly. But if your electricity is repeatedly on and off and you’re finding it happens too often, it could be sign of a more serious issue that requires the expertise of a certified electrician.
When To Call a Professional
Circuit breakers are not devices that easily break, but they do have a lifespan and if yours is older than 10 years, it’s probably time to replace it to secure your home from possible electrical fires. Breakers are also not devices that need repair, when they’re faulty, they usually need to be replaced and there are several signs to help you determine if replacement is needed. If your appliances are not working at peak performance then it may be a breaker problem. Your microwave may not function at a high setting or your hair dryer may never get hot enough. Breakers also are designed to be in one of three positions, “off,” “on,” or “middle.” If yours just swings loosely back and forth after it’s been tripped and it won’t stay in any of these positions, it’s time to call a professional. You may also smell smoke after a breaker has tripped. This is also not normal and you should call a certified electrician.
Why Hire Professional Installation
Safety is the number one reason why you should call a licensed and trained electrician. Breakers must be installed according to housing codes and you are putting your property in danger from fire by conducting do-it-yourself replacements or when you hire an amateur. Many times these projects look simple but it is ill advised to risk people and your property by performing these tasks on your own. Lead Electrical is the leading electrical repair service in the area and you will find our workmanship for breaker installation and whole house surge protection both professional and efficient.